The STRICT commando 7 day diet - Guest post

The STRICT commando 7 day diet – Guest post

I met up with a business contact whom is called Julian a few days ago,he was looking fabulous and he’d obviously lost some weight, i asked him to tell me (and you) how he’d gone about it – and this is his story, I have to warn you, it’s vicious and is only for the short term, and If you are in any doubt, consult your doctor before trying it, here at MyBFD we are NOT advocating that you try it, but I wanted to see what your opinions are for this week long plan.

Marine commando 7 day diet…
Day 1
Breakfast  3 eggs
Lunch        3 eggs
Dinner       3 eggs
Day 2
1 egg or grapefruit
Fresh fruit salad
Steak, Tomatoes, Celery and cottage cheese
Day 3
1 egg or grapefruit
Fish, Tomatoes, spinach and Salad
Lean Lamb chops, tomatoes and salad
Day 4
1 egg or grapefruit
Green salad and tomatoes
3 eggs and dried toast
Day 5
1 egg or grapefruit
Fish, Tomatoes, and Salad
Lean ham salad, tomatoes and spinach
Day 6
1 egg or grapefruit
3 eggs dried toast
Steak Celery, tomatoes and cottage cheese
Day 7
1 egg or grapefruit
Fresh fruit salad
Lean lamb chops salad and tomatoes
Black coffee, water or pure lemon juice can be taken with the meal. Eat exactly what is stated where amount are stated, where they are not eat as much as you want.
DO NOT EAT BETWEEN MEALS. No dressings or sauces only vinegar is allowed
DO NOT use this diet more than four times a year. There should be a loss of up to 1 stone, variations of the die will have a MAJOR effect on the amount of weight you lose.
Weigh yourself at the beginning and at the very end of the diet.
Let me know your thoughts on this 7 day hell, sorry diet plan!
Be Sociable, Share!

25 Responses to “The STRICT commando 7 day diet – Guest post”

1. Jacqui says:

Hello I tried this diet and only got as far as 6 eggs on day 1 (breakfast and lunch). I got so fed of up eggs in such a short space of time that I decides to jack it all in and and have Spaghetti Carbonara for tea!

2. Longing to be tall and thin says:

Agreed this sounds extreme but worth a try if it delivers results, I will see if I can get further than lunchtime day 1!

3. Caroline says:

Just started this diet! Its extreme but seems to work. So i’m giving it a go. The only thing i fear is that after the 2 weeks that you do it for will you put all the weight back on?!? Your likely to espically if you start eating carbs and what not. So just wondering if anyone has any tips on keeping the weight off after the diet is over???? help please. The bad thing about this diet is that it doesn’t say what type of eggs. Are they fried? or what? I had my eggs fried but did them in fry light. its only like 1 cal.

Cheers.

4. admin says:

Hello
    Thanks for the comments. We spoke to Julian, and he says that you can use fry light to fry your eggs, but they prefer you to boil, scramble or poach them!

As for keeping the weight off. They recommend that that diet can be done up to 3 times per year for upto 2 weeks per time, and NOT more than this…. in the meantime, if you have any tips for helping Caroline, please do let us know!

Thanks

5. Dawn says:

I am currently on day 5 of this diet. Really difficult in the fact that I feel so drained all the time. Although I do work 12hr shifts so I guess that doesn’t help. 2 of my mums friend did the diet for the 2 weeks stated. One lost 14lb the other 12. So, I thought it was worth a go. I can already feel the difference. It’s not what you weigh it’s how you feel and I am def feeling slimmer. Go for it.

6. Claire says:

hi!
    I started this diet 1 week ago and have lost 8lb!! I have 0 amount of willpower and have never stuck to a diet in my life but holiday coming up and needs must. Anyway, day 1 was horrid but the thought of being in a bikini kept me going. By day 2 evening meal i was SO hungry but stuck to it, thankfully you can eat as much tomatoes and celery as you like. From day 3 i have found it quite easy. Yes i am missing alcohol (usually drink wine with my dinner) and its a little anti social – instead of eating out we have had people over for dinner and i’ve restricted myself to the plan while doing potatoes etc for the others. But overall, because of the water i dont feel hungry, the coffee keeps me full of energy and most nights i have a proper plate full of food to look forward to. So )from someone who is a non-dieter, alcohol lover, carb junkie, major snack tendancies) – if i can do it, you can do it! x ps, i have scrabled my eggs in frylight or poached them when allowed on dried toast. grilled the steak and put pepper and vinegar on my salads. i more week to go – i will let you know if after that it all comes piling back on : )

7. Cyndie Doty says:

I would like to know what kind of fruit everyone is putting in the fresh fruit salad and also what kind of vegetables are allowed in the salads? Or is it only lettuce?

8. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also.
    Keep working ,great job!

9. guest says:

I am on day 6 of this diet. So far 9lbs (but I have loads to lose). 9-egg day isnt great but the diet is not such hard work if you iether like salad or have done, Atkins. After the egg day, the fruit salad day is great – and I dont like fruit over much. I just buy the fresh fruit salads mix a couple of packets up quick and simple (but expensive but if the weight goes its worth it).

Does anyone know where you find more info about the diet and what you eat after it? Im allready planning week 3 by adding in more salads, chicken instead or steak, home made veg soup with dry toast croutons instead of 3-eggs.

Anymore ideas to keep going and how to reintroduce the bad boys like sweets and alcohol without piling it all back on?

10. admin says:

Hello
    Thanks for the comment, We haven’t got any details for after the 2 week plan as this was originally the idea (to get in shape for a short burst of time) But i’m really glad to hear that it’s working – 9 pounds is really impressive!

11. ishu says:

awesome plan….!!!!

12. Numerous people usually asked What is the correct pounds loss diet plan And how do you choose them And what kind of diet plan is good for me To answer that question usually remember a single thing Always choose a diet that is safe and recommend by your doctor.

13. Jane says:

Ive done it for 2 weeks, but substituted the meat & fish days for seitan(vegetable protein) & tofu & soya. I didnt weigh myself but I have lost 3cm from my waist & Im feeling much leaner..
    I plan on loosely following the diet for another week or so, but without the 9 egg day (bleurgh) & adding a yoghurt at breakfast, a piece of fruit or cooked vegetable at lunch & dinner.
    My friend lost 3kg on the 1st week & she cheated on one of those days & another friend lost 2.5kg despite drinking wine every other day & not being able to resist a slice of the office birthday cake.

14. Charlene says:

Hey can u drink any alcohol at the week end coz I an ok during the week it’s when it comes 2 havin a drink at the weekend lol if u can wat can u drink?

15. admin says:

Hello Charlene. The diet states no alcohol (which is why it is very strict and quite hard to do) in theory thought if you wanted a drink, the lowest calories would probably work best so a spirit and a diet mixer drink – let us know how you get on with it :-)

16. admin says:

Yes, we have heard others who have still had a good weight loss despite not following the diet 100%. I’m really glad that you found it helpdul. Jacqui also hated the 9 egg day too. Thanks for the comments

17. Val B says:

Hi everyone !!! I’m on day 3 of the commando diet and apart from the 1st day of 9 eggs (which I didn’t find tooooo difficult really) am managing just fine so far. My friend recommended this to me as her first week she lost 12lb and by the end of the seconf week 1 1/2 stone!!!!! result…………..just hope it does the same for me. I wondered about the salad too whether it’s just lettice or the full works. Just sticking to lettice to be on the safe side. Will get weighed on Friday just to peek ha ha

18. admin says:

Hi Val – do let us know how you get on. The commando diet is pretty gruelling, which is why it’s only supposed to be for a 2 week stint, but we’d love to know what your eventual weight loss was. Cheers

19. susan says:

What exactly is “lean ham salad”? In my experience, salad implies mayo and other added ingredients (tuna salad, chicken salad, potato salad are examples) How are y’all interpreting this one? Thanks!

20. jsmoon says:

Hello all! I am on day 5 of this diet, going strong. Yes the egg overload on the first day was awful, but it only gets better from there! drastically reducing my sugar, carb, salt, alcohol intake has really made me feel better…. its been TOUGH, but so worth it! So far Ive lost about 5 lbs which is great even if its a lot of water weight. Oh and I have not been exercising at all for the record. I would suggest it for anyone who, like me, is impatient and somewhat enjoys drastic changes! :) I’m definitely on for week 2!

PS- on the menu for tonight is “lean ham salad”. Could anybody tell me what they think that consists of??

21. admin says:

Hello
    we have debated this one, and we think it’s probably lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, carrot, sweetcorn, olives and maybe an apple slice or two, plus the ham

22. Ant says:

Quick question, can you have slat and pepper with ya food?

23. Fiona says:

Just wondering what weight the people who are losing over half a stone in a week are to begin with? I recently put on a stone in 9 days (too much eating out and over eating carbs, 1 day I ate 10 scones and 5 slices of ginger syrup cake on top of my usual meals). I weigh 139lbs now, I’m 5’5″, fairly muscular (I’m a BMXer, mountainbiker and runner, I also do various other exercise classes)Is it possible for me to lose 1stone of fat in a week? Also wondering if you know…might my quiting coffee have had something to do with the weight gain? I’ve gone from about 15 mugs of coffee a day to 15 mugs of green tea a day.

24. Fiona says:

Sorry also wondering can you substitute green tea for black coffee, or do you need the coffee for energy? I fear I’d be buzzing from one cup if I went back to it.

25. Maz says:

I am on day 6 of the Marine Diet…yeah, it was tough until day 4 when I could have some toast, the worse day is the first but am very pleased with my 7lbs loss so far. My daughter is doing it too, shes lost 91/2 lbs so is looking forward to the 2nd weeks loss.
    Stick to it, get through the hunger (day 2 & 3 are worse for that) with lots of water, I squeezed half a lemon in hot water, added a bit of cold water and that helps to ward off the hunger.
    Good luck peeps.

» Forgot Password?
» Join Us

BMI Calculator

Jump to the BMI table »

My Big Fat Global

• November 16, 2010
    Your post has been referred in a forum as a good read with regards to the subject. Im glad I stopped by. Take care.
  • July 31, 2010